Teaching can be easy and fun

Why shouldn't you have fun while you teach your kids the abcs, how to count or what animal says moo. I think that kids learn best when they are having fun. I am setting out to teach my one and a half year old. I want to teach him how to be a good friend, how to show love, all the animals that live on a farm and so much more. I am writing this blog not even knowing if anyone will read it but hoping someone will find inspiration to have fun while teaching their toddler.

Monday, September 13, 2010

'M' Lesson

Flash Cards
Mommy
Maroon
Monkey
Move
Mouse
Milk
Mountain
Mickey Mouse
Minnie Mouse
Movie
Music
Monster
Milk
Monkey Bread
Mud Pies

Mommy
Lesson- How did I become your mommy? I feel in love with
daddy and then we had you. Look at pictures of mommy pregnant.
Tell them that mommy was small like they are. Show them baby
pictures of you and then pictures of you growing up.
Game- Any game as long as it is played with mommy.
Craft- Growing up mommy. Copy pictures of you as a baby-adult
and let them go crazy with glue. Talk about the pictures as they
glue them down.
Activity- Mommy and me date. (Movie)
Books- Just Me and My Mom, Mommy Hugs.

Monkey
Lesson- Counting down from 5 or 10. Use monkey craft write
1-5/10 on them. Sing 5/10 little monkeys. Also take time just
to count down without the song.
Game- Monkey time. Put some music on and dance like a monkey
Activity- Zoo
Book- That's not my monkey, Busy Monkeys, Five Little Monkeys
Jumping on the Bed, Ten Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed.

Other ideas
Mickey Mouse Club House (TV)
Have a music party (Dance around the house to different music)
Monster Pretend!

No comments:

Post a Comment