Teaching can be easy and fun

Why shouldn't you have fun while you teach your kids the abcs, how to count or what animal says moo. I think that kids learn best when they are having fun. I am setting out to teach my one and a half year old. I want to teach him how to be a good friend, how to show love, all the animals that live on a farm and so much more. I am writing this blog not even knowing if anyone will read it but hoping someone will find inspiration to have fun while teaching their toddler.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

'Z' Lesson

Flash cards
Zoo
Zipper
Zoo
Zucchini


Food
Zucchini


Coloring pages and crafts
Zipper coloring page
Zebra 
Zoo coloring page

Zoo
Lesson- What kinds of animals are at the zoo? As you show them and talk
about them make all their noises. Talk about which ones are really tall and which
are really big. Talk about the colors. Point out all their body parts too. 
Game- Feed the animals. Use stuffed animals, animal figures or puppet crafts. 
Hold the animals and make their noise. Ex broooo brooo I am and elephant do 
you have any peanuts to feed me. You can either make pretend food on paper
or just pretend you have food. Have your kids feed the animals and then put them
to bed. (My 1 1/2  year old loved this game he thought it was funny.)
Activity- Go to a zoo. 
Books- Zoo Do's and Don'ts, Curious George goes to the Zoo, Never Ever 
Shout in the Zoo, Dear Zoo/

No comments:

Post a Comment