Teaching can be easy and fun

Why shouldn't you have fun while you teach your kids the abcs, how to count or what animal says moo. I think that kids learn best when they are having fun. I am setting out to teach my one and a half year old. I want to teach him how to be a good friend, how to show love, all the animals that live on a farm and so much more. I am writing this blog not even knowing if anyone will read it but hoping someone will find inspiration to have fun while teaching their toddler.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

'F' Lesson

Flash Cards
Friend
Food
Fruit
Family
Fun
Funny
Fox
Finger
Fire Truck
Farm
French Toast
French Fries
Frog
Fish
Flower
Fly
Fire Fighter
Father

I make a few extra blank ones just in case I forgot something. When I am
done with them I put them in separate bags labeled. (food, animals,
outdoors, colors, feelings,toys) I also tape them to their item (Bed flash
card to the bed, bath on the bathtub etc.) That way they can be seen or
used everyday. I use the flash cards for meals, activities and lessons.

Food
Fruit
French Toast
French Fries

Coloring Pages and Crafts

Friends Day
Lesson- Play date. There are always great lesson when kids play
with there friends. Sharing, being nice. You can get toys out and
count them see if there is enough to share.
Craft- Make cards for friends. Let them know who they are making
it for. Hand deliver it or mail it. While they are making the card
ask about the friend. Ask what they like about their friend.
Books- Just my friend and me (little critters), Learning to be a
good friend, The best friend book, Friends for keeps

Family Fun Day
Lesson- Members of the family. Grandparents, siblings etc.
Gather pictures of all your family members and talk about
who they are. You can even tell your kids who they are to you,
ex their aunt is your sister.
Game- Memory- make two copies of a picture of each family
member and cut them in squares. Flip them over and play
memory. Keep them so you can play again.
Crafts- Family tree, use finger paint.
Activity- Family night, do something with as much of your
family as possible. Go to the park for a dinner picnic. Go
bowling etc.
Books- Just me and my mom, Just me and my Dad, The
kids family tree book.

Farm Day
Lesson- What animals live on a farm. Cow, Horse, Chicken,
Goats, Pigs, Turkeys, Rabbits, Sheep, Frogs, Dog, Cat, Duck.
Talk about what all the animals sound like. What do the
animals eat. Which ones are bigger and smaller.
Game- What's that animal. Make an Animal noise and have
your child say what animal it is. Have them make a noise and
you say what it is.
Activity- Go to a Farm, Centennial Farm is free.
Books- Sounds of the Farm, Farm faces, Old Mac
Donald had a Farm.

Fire Truck/House Day
Lesson- What do fire fighters do? What are some tools they
use. What is a fire truck? Is it big or small. What color is it?
What do firefighter wear.
Craft- Card board box fire truck.
Activity- Visit your local fire station
Books- Maisy's Fire Engine, In my Neighbor Hood Fire Fighters,
Tonka If I could Drive a Fire truck.

Other Ideas
Finger tracing

No comments:

Post a Comment