Teaching can be easy and fun

Why shouldn't you have fun while you teach your kids the abcs, how to count or what animal says moo. I think that kids learn best when they are having fun. I am setting out to teach my one and a half year old. I want to teach him how to be a good friend, how to show love, all the animals that live on a farm and so much more. I am writing this blog not even knowing if anyone will read it but hoping someone will find inspiration to have fun while teaching their toddler.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

'D' Lesson

Flash cards
Daddy
Door
Dog
Duck
Dinner
Dolphin
Dinosaur
Dig

I make a few extra blank ones just in case I forgot something. When I am
done with them I put them in separate bags labeled. (food, animals,
outdoors, colors, feelings,toys) I also tape them to their item (Bed flash
card to the bed, bath on the bathtub etc.) That way they can be seen or
used everyday. I use the flash cards for meals, activities and lessons.

Coloring pages

Daddy day
Lesson- Daddy tracer page. Where is daddy's eyes, nose, arms,
chin, ears etc...? If he is not home then use a full body picture.
Game- Any game with daddy.
Craft- Daddy growing picture page. Photo copy pictures of
daddy as a baby, child, teenager and adult. Glue them in order
of age. THen talk about how daddy use to be a baby to and then he
grew up. You can even have pictures of your kids to show them
that they used to be the same size as daddy.
Activity- Special daddy day... visit him at work, go to
the park and play.
Books- Just me and my dad, Daddy hugs, Me and My Daddy,
I love my daddy

Duck day
Lesson- Counting ducks, use rubber ducks or go to a duck park.
Game- Hide and seek ducks. Hide ducks around the house and
go find them. If you have an older child them tell them how many
you hide and hid them in different spots. Tell them to keep looking
until they find all of them.
Activity- Go to the duck park.
Books- What's up duck, Five Little Ducks, One Duck Stuck Big
Book.

Dig Day
Lesson-What Digs? Use different tools to dig, cups, shovels, bowls,
hands... Dig for stuff. Get some Lego's, balls, rocks and let the kids
dig them up. You can even have a few different labeled buckets so
they can sort their found treasure in the correct bucket.
Craft- Paint your shovel. Spend some time painting a shovel.
Books- Big pig on a Dig, Dig it, Elliot Digs for Treasure.

Other Ideas
Look for D's at the store. Try to find D's in different words.

No comments:

Post a Comment